A DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTION
- Abolition of the State Senate and expansion of the State House of Representatives into a general State Legislature, chosen by proportional representation.
- No representative to make more than the average wage of a skilled worker.
- All Representatives and executive officers subject to immediate recall at any time.
- All members of the executive Cabinet, including directors of state agencies, not directly elected by the people to be chosen from among the elected Representatives.
- Direct election of all judges and justices of the court, subject to recall and earning no more than the average wage of a skilled worker.
- Secretary of State to be empowered to oversee relations with other states and the federal government.
- All post-Census legislative redistricting to be done by a non-partisan commission, employing the latest in computer-aided design and database technology.
- A “Working People’s Bill of Rights,” designed to make clear and concrete the rights of working people in the state to the necessities of life, the means of expression and the power to determine their own futures and those of succeeding generations.